The resources below can help you learn more about heart disease and what you can do to prevent it.
FACTS AND INFORMATION DOCUMENTS (In English and Spanish)
- Blood Pressure and Heart Disease
- La presión arterial y las enfermedades cardíacas
- Cholesterol and Heart Disease
- El colesterol y las enfermedades cardíacas / La Diabetes y las enfermedades cardíacas
- Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Diet and Heart Disease
- La dieta y las enfermedades cardíacas
- Heart Disease
- Enfermedades cardíacas
- Los medicamentos y las enfermedades cardíacas
- Physical Activity and Weight Management
- Physician Follow-Up
- Seguimiento del proveedor de asistencia médica
- Smoking and Heart Disease
- El fumar y las enfermedades cardíacas
- Weight Management and Heart Disease
- Actividad física, control del peso y enfermedades cardíacas
FACT AND INFORMATION LINKS
- The National Women's Health Information Center
- The NIH Office of Research on Women's Health
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's HeartTruth Campaign is a national awareness campaign about heart disease aimed at women ages 40 to 60. The campaign features TV and radio public service announcements (PSAs), a speaker's guide, and other materials to help spread the word that heart disease is the number one killer of women.
- National Libraries of Medicine, MEDline Plus: Heart Diseases
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Check the Black Women's Health web page for facts about heart disease and special risks for African-American women, along with information on risk factors and prevention.
QUIZZES AND INTERACTIVE TOOLS
- Are you at risk for heart disease? Take this quiz to find out.
- Test your knowledge about cholesterol and heart disease.
- See how physical activity reduces your heart disease risk.
- Ask your doctor these questions about heart disease and your risks.
BOOKS AND OTHER RESOURCES
These five National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute booklets below may be viewed online or ordered by clicking on the following links:
- Healthy Heart Handbook for Women
- Facts About Heart Disease and Women: Preventing and Controlling High Blood Pressure
- Improving Cardiovascular Health in African Americans
- Facts About Heart Disease and Women: Be Physically Active
- Facts About Heart Disease and Women: Kicking The Smoking Habit